We want to extend to you a warm welcome to our periodontal and dental implant practice. Our staff enthusiastically cares about providing you with top quality care. We also want to make your visit to our office as pleasant and as comfortable as possible.
The following information will be very useful to you in preparing for your first visit:
- After you have scheduled your consultation appointments, new patient forms will be sent to you to complete at home. Please bring them with you. If you are not able to complete these forms, please arrive 30-45 minutes early to complete any paperwork before seeing the doctor.
- At the time of your first appointment, we will listen closely to your concerns and conduct a thorough comprehensive examination. We will subsequently discuss our recommendations with you as well as keep communication with your dentist. Our firm belief is that when patients understand all their options, they are better able to make an informed decision about their health.
- Please remember to bring any X-rays, CBCT imaging (specifically, the raw DICOM data) and your radiologist report you may have been given along with any medical and dental insurance information.
- If you normally take an antibiotic premedication for cleanings please premedicate before your consultation.
- Payment of the consultation appointment is due in full at that appointment, even if you have dental insurance coverage. The fee for the consultation will be included with any insurance filing that is done.
A comprehensive examination in our office includes the following, as necessary:
- Thorough oral examination and cancer screening
- Complete periodontal charting
- Diagnostic photographs
- Necessary in-office digital X-rays or CBCT imaging
- Dental implant evaluation
- Diagnosis and treatment plan development by the doctor
- Second appointment with the doctor to review diagnostic data, your individual diagnosis and treatment options
- Meeting with you, Dr. Mandelaris, Dr. Rosenfeld or Dr. DeGroot, and your restorative dentist to review treatment options.
Once again, we would like to welcome you to our periodontal specialty practice. We pledge to do our best to give you excellent, professional care in a comfortable environment.